How to Write a Resume for Job Applications
Here’s a glance at this lesson…
>> [02:10] How a resume fits into your strategy to land a job.
>> [05:36] What to include and how to format the contact information, education and key marketable skills sections of your resume.
>> [09:06] What to include and how to format the experience and project sections of your resume.
>> [19:32] How to modify and tailor your resume to each job advertisement you apply to.
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Identify the purpose of a resume within the job search process.
• Describe the different sections of a resume and what to include in each.
• Explain why it is important to tailor a resume to each job advertisement.
• Write a resume that is tailored to a job advertisement of interest.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
Questions to Consider
1. How and where does the resume fit into the job search process?
2. What is important to remember when formatting your resume?
3. Why is it important to tailor your resume to each job advertisement you apply to?
1. Draft a resume in response to a job advertisement of interest. Use the guidelines from this lesson to ensure you are including all the relevant and important information in each section of your resume.
2. Refer to the checklist in your workbook and review your resume. Make any changes necessary to ensure you have accurately tailored your resume to help make your resume stand out.
Do you have a question for the Beyond Grad School team? Send us an email email@example.com