• What makes a good LinkedIn profile?
• LinkedIn profile mistakes I need to avoid
• How to write an effective LinkedIn Headline
• How to write a compelling LinkedIn About section
• How to write an effective LinkedIn Experience section
Your LinkedIn profile communicates who you are as a professional to employers. It may also be the first impression hiring managers and colleagues have of you, so it’s important that your profile is well-written and impactful. In this lesson, we’ll talk about what makes a good LinkedIn profile, and how you can clearly communicate your value in each section of your profile.
This lesson covers pages 5-11 in the LinkedIn Deep Dive Workbook. You can also use the Take Notes widget to complete these activities.
1. As the lesson explains, highlighting your marketable skills on your LinkedIn profile is essential. Make a list of the marketable skills that you want to feature in your profile. If you are not yet sure what your marketable skills are, go check out the lesson called “How to Identify My Skills When Writing a Resume” in our Deep Dive on Finding and Applying for Jobs.
2. Take some time to write or re-write the Headline, About section, and Experience section of your LinkedIn profile. Review it when you’re done to ensure you are following the guidelines discussed in the video. Make any changes necessary to improve your profile.
Do you have a question for the Beyond Graduate School team? Send us an email email@example.com
Copyright © 2023
Beyond Graduate School
Beyond Grad School is easy to navigate. Students can move between lessons, or come back to a lesson when they need to refresh their memory (e.g. preparing for an interview!).
Feature not available in Demo Site.
To encourage active learning, Beyond Grad School includes a Take Notes widget with prepopulated questions and exercises. Students type directly into the widget while watching the video, and then print or save their notes.
This feature is unavailable in the demo site.
Many students know they need to be on LinkedIn, but they don’t know how to effectively use the platform to advance their career. This deep dive teaches students why a network is critical to their job search — and how they can use LinkedIn to build a strong professional network and community.
Lessons walk students through how to craft an effective profile, expand their professional connections, and maintain their network throughout their career.