Using LinkedIn for Your Job Search
Here’s a glance at this lesson…
>> [00:59] Goals and strategies for using LinkedIn at each stage of your job search.
>> [03:55] How to use LinkedIn to gather information important for your job search.
>> [05:07] How to use LinkedIn to build your professional community.
>> [08:14] Sample connection request and follow-up message.
>> [09:37] Strategies and etiquette to follow when engaging on LinkedIn.
>> [12:37] Common mistakes graduate students make with LinkedIn and how to avoid making these mistakes.
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Describe the goals and strategies for using LinkedIn at each stage throughout your Master’s degree.
• Explain how you can use LinkedIn to build your professional community.
• Recognize common mistakes graduate students make with LinkedIn and how to avoid making these mistakes.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
Questions to Consider
1. What is the purpose of LinkedIn?
2. What are important things to remember when participating in the LinkedIn community?
3. What are 3 common mistakes that graduate students make with LinkedIn?
1. What questions do you have at this point in your job search? What aspects of LinkedIn could help you answer these questions?
2. Scroll through your LinkedIn feed. What kinds of information people are sharing? What might you share?
3. How will you effectively use LinkedIn in your job search? Set actionable goals that you can achieve.
Do you have a question for the Beyond Grad School team? Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org