Navigating Career Fairs with Confidence
Here’s a glance at this lesson…
>> [00:55] How to clearly identify your goals for attending a career fair.
>> [04:39] Questions you can ask employers when attending career fairs.
>> [11:34] Research you should do before attending a career fair.
>> [15:54] Preparing your elevator pitch: how to introduce yourself to employers at career fairs.
>> [17:03] Examples of elevator pitches.
>> [21:38] Tips for attending a career fair with confidence.
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Identify your goals for attending career fairs.
• Develop a career fair strategy and approach.
• Apply tips and strategies to achieve your goals and meet your expectations.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
Questions to Consider
1. What are the employer’s goals for a career fair?
2. What should the student’s goals for a career fair be?
1. What are your goals for attending a career fair? What questions will you ask in order to gather the information you need to move forward in your search for an internship?
2. Where can you conduct research on companies prior to attending a career fair? Identify a company that will be at the upcoming career fair and spend 15 minutes doing online research. Make a list of additional information you need to gather from this company when you speak to them at the career fair.
3. Write the pitch you will use when introducing yourself at the career fair. Make sure to practice your pitch so it feels natural.
4. Spend a few minutes considering your attire for a career fair. Make a plan and budget for acquiring any items you might need.
Do you have a question for the Beyond Grad School team? Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org